Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Podcasting

In my search for podcasts I used one of the reccommended listings, podcastalley. I searched for gaming (surprise, surprise) and found The Playstation Show! First off, nothing against podcasting, I think it's a good tool for those who use this. I personally can't stand talk radio, morning shows, or any other non-music broadcasts (with the exception of NASCAR). I play a CD on my way to work each morning so I don't have to listen to the chatter. Sooooooooo, I'm not so YAY on this. But, it was fairly interesting, I did like that I could fast forward through their opening and go to what I was actually wanting to hear. I also liked that I could view what each topic was about before I listened. :)

Minus my personal views, many people do use this regularly and I think it would definitely benefit the library by streaming upcoming events (especially those geared toward teens.) I'm also thinking back to "Dial-A-Story" when I was a kid and I LOVED it! Wouldn't it be great to have stories on podcasts? Kids/Parents could subscribe to listen to a story and we could reach worldwide!! :)

No comments: