Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Doc-umentary

OMG! Google Docs does Rock! I am so excited that Google has these applications! Friends have told me about online word processors and so forth, but I had yet to find one. This is extremely helpful to me as a college student. Previously, I was forced, yes I mean FORCED, into doing a "team" project with another student in a class I was taking. It just turned out to be a nightmare with trying to coordinate a presentation with someone that lived over an hour away from me. Long story short.....it was back and forth with emails, the correct presentation was overwritten, and my partner was calling me at like 11:30 the night before wanting me to meet up with her. If I would have had Google Docs at the time, life would have been much simpler.

I think this could help the library immensely! Last year I attended a conference with another staff member and this would have been a great way to take a look at the presentation instead of just emailing it back and forth with updates and changes and having to save drafts and blah blah, we all know the song. It was a great presentation, but the beginning work could have been a lot simpler with the help of Google Docs.

Rock on Google Docs, Rock on.

1 comment:

simoneluvs13 said...

Check out Read Write Web. You'll find a bunch more online tools you can use.